- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Sweet Chilli Potatoes
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 30 min
Ready in: 1 hour
Yields: 6 People
- 6 Potatoes, Cut like french fries
- 1 Capsicum, Sliced
- 1 Onion, Sliced
- 2 Green Onions, Chopped (For Garnishing)
- 2 tbsp Sasame seeds, For Garnishing
- Oil, For deep frying
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tbsp White Pepper
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Food Colour
- 7 tbsp Chilli Sauce
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1 cup Cornflour
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Take potatoes, peel them and cut then like french fries.
- In a pan take water and boil it. Add potatoes to the boiling water and boil them for 2 minutes.
- Drain all the water out of potatoes and then put them in a bowl.
- Add cornflour, 1 tbsp salt, white pepper, red chilli powder and 3 tbsp of chilli sauce to the boiled potatoes. Mix all of them together.
- In a pan heat oil and fry the potatoes until they are golden brown. Once you've fried all the potatoes keep them aside.
- In another pan, put 1/4 cup of oil and heat it. Then add ginger garlic paste, red chilli flakes, ketchup, black pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, 4 tbsp chilli sauce, 1/4 tbsp salt and honey. Mix them.
- Add onion and capsicum to the sauce and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Then add fried potatoes to the sauce and mix them together until all the potatoes are covered in sauce. Cook them for another 5 minutes.
- Dish them out. Garnish it with green onions and sesame seeds.