- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Sweet Garlic Chicken.
- Chicken Legs: 3 ( 2 pounds or 1 kg)
- Chicken Breasts: 3 ( 2 pounds or 1 Kg)
- Sweet potatoes: 3 (2 pounds or 1 kg).
- Dried crumbled Rosemary: 1 Tbsp.
- Fresh Rosemary springs: 8
- Garlic: 4 cloves.
- Lemon Juice: 3 Tbsp.
- Vegetable oil: 2 Tbsp.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: 1 Tsp.
- Fresh grounded Pepper: 1 Tsp.
- Salt: 1 Tsp.
- Trim chicken of all visible fats.
- Cut the leg portion at the joints and breasts in half.
- Peel the potatoes and cut in to ¼ inch slices.
- Take a large bowl and put chicken pieces.
- Add potatoes and lemon Juice.
- Now add vegetable oil, rosemary, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Now take a 9 X 1 inch baking dish.
- Arrange potatoes in single layer in the dish. Don't over crowd the dish.
- Put chicken over potatoes with skin side up.
- Cover it and refrigrate it for 4 to 5 hours.
- Mean while the dish is in refrigrator trim the tops of the garlic head.
- Brush them with olive oil.
- Now put them on chicken with cut side down.
- Pre heat oven at 425 F.
- bake chicken for 1 hour or till a knife goes in chicken and comes out clean.
- Divide it in 8 potions and serve with rosemary springs.
|Serving size: 100 grams|
|Calories from Fat||135|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 15 g||23%|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15%|
|Carbohydrates 32 g||11%|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Cholesterol 116 mg||39%|
|Sodium 402 mg||17%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|