- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients»
- Vegetable Ingredients
Sweet Potato Casserole With Pecan Topping
Sweet Potato Casserole
Sweet Potatoes are Very Nutritious!
Sweet Potatoes are not only good but good for you. They are considered to be one of the most nutritious vegetables! Sweet Potatoes are:
- rich in beta-carotene which converts to Vitamin A and is important for vision health and bone development
- a good source of Vitamins C and B6.
- high in antioxidants which lower your risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease
- rich in Fiber which keeps your bowel healthy and helps to lower cholesterol
- a source of manganese which helps to maintain normal blood sugar levels and optimal thyroid function
- low in calories!
Sweet Potatoe Casserole-A Holiday Tradition
Sweet Potatoe Casserole is a tasty tradition that we look forward to as the Holiday Season approaches. For as long as I can remember we always had the sweet potatoe casserole with the marshmallows on top. That was yummy of course but when a friend of mine shared this recipe with me I just couldn't resist making it! I love anything that involves Pecans. Mixed together with the Sweet Potatoes, Brown Sugar and other ingredients I knew it would be delicious. Just as I had hoped, everyone loved it!
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 cups Pecan Halves
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 stick Butter, melted
- 2-29 ounce cans Sweet Potatoes
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 stick Butter, softened
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Drain Sweet Potatoes
- Mash Sweet Potatoes with Butter and Heavy Whipping Cream
- Mix Eggs, Sugar, Cinnamon, Salt and Vanilla in a separate bowl until well blended
- Add Egg Mixture to Sweet Potatoes
- Spread into 13x9 baking dish
- Mix ingredients for Topping and spread over the top of the Sweet Potatoe Casserole
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until Pecans are browned
Sweet potatoes are Versatile
Sweet Potatoes can be baked, fried, broiled and microwaved! They can be sliced, diced and mashed. Check here for some great ways to cook Sweet Potatoes!
Remember, most of the nutrients are close to the skin so it is best if they are cooked while in the skin.
Find out the Difference is between Sweet Potatoes and Yams !