Sweet Potato Salad, with no oil
Great Summer Time Food or anytime a detox is in order
Cooking Sweet Potato with no oil, did you boil it? No... I like the vegetables slightly crunchy and it just took over 30 minutes to prepare and cook. Partially due to to the fact, the side dish of beef marinated in a Mexican Flavours was not promptly put in the grill.
Leaving the vegetables slightly crunchy retains more vitamins and nutrients, which is the how the detoxification works. However if you want to take extra time and make them all soft its completely up to you.
I added apple cider vinegar to the cooking process instead of oil, while it doesn't stop anything sticking you need to watch and stir the vegetables. The acidity of apple cider vinegar smells very sharp during cooking.
Ingredients for sweet potato salad with no oil
- 4 small (or one big one) sweet potatoes, (orange, and you can dice them like carrots)
- 2 regular sized carrots, diced
- 1 large capsicum (mine was red, but there is yellow and green), chopped
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar, Poured in
- 1 tablespoon (3 cloves) (or less if you don't like garlic) Garlic, minced/chopped finely if you used fresh
- 100grams (or to taste) Cheese, chopped
- handfull lettuce/rocket/spinach leaves
Putting it all together
- Peel and chop/dice the sweet potato and put it on as soon as possible so it cooks for the most time - add the apple cider vinegar (smells acidic as it cooks) and garlic with the sweet potato to the frying pan. 1B: Put on meat if you are eating with a side dish (you might want to add it to the vegetables in the fry pan, however I ask you to refrain as the vegetables will then have meat juices on them and won't be as good eating it cold the next day)
- Peel and dice the carrots Chop the capsicum (Bell Pepper) (add to fry pan once you see the sweet potato change colour a darker orange)
- Chop up cheese Break up lettuce/rocket/spinach leaves (or cheat and use a cheap bag of mixed leaves)
- Put Lettuce in a salad bowl, add cheese and veggies from the fry pan. Serve with a splash apple cider vinegar (if you are saving some of the salad for lunch don't add the extra apple cider vinegar to the bowl as it will soak it all up) and meat.