Sweet Summer Strawberry Lemonade
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
Ready in: 40 min
Yields: Serves 8
- 2 Cups Fresh strawberries, Hulled, quartered
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup White sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Fresh lemon juice, (About 6 large lemons)
- 6 Cups Cold water
- 6-8 Servings Ice
- 1 Cup Fresh strawberries, Chopped
- 1 Fresh lemon, Sliced for garnish
- Gather ingredients, small sauce pan, pitcher and food processor. Set aside and wash strawberries and lemons. Let air dry.
- In a small sauce pan bring sugar and 1 cup water to a boil. Once boiling quickly take of heat and let mixture cool at room temperature.
- While the sugar mixture is cooling pour the 1 1/2 quartered strawberries into a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Once the sugar mixture is cooled down pour the strawberry puree into the mixture. Stir well. Add the lemon juice and stir well again.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into a pitcher. Add the 6 cups of cold water to the pitcher and stir well.
Add ice and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture into serving glasses. For a more festive look I chose to use mason jars.
- Add strawberry and lemon wedge garnish.
Serve to guests and enjoy!