- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes
Sweet and Savory Cleansing Vitamix Smoothie Recipe
I love creating drinks in my Vitamix
I love my Vitamix. I love how you can be creative with the ingredients and the measurements don't have to be exact for a delicious nutritious drink.
Today I was craving a light cleansing drink so I threw together a few items I had in my fridge. I never measure out my ingredients, but I will do my best to give a good estimate of how much of each ingredient I used in the ingredients list.
- 1 medium Orange, Peeled
- 10 Red Grapes, Rinsed thoroughly
- 1/4 cup Mango, Peeled, Sliced
- 1/2 medium Cucumber, Peeled
- 1/2 cup Kale, Rinsed throughly
- 1/4 cup Frozen Blueberries
- 5 Ice Cubes
- Place ingredients into your Vitamix or blender in the order listed
- If using a Vitamix with variable speed, turn the machine on slow, raising speed slowly from to 10, switch to high speed and blend for about 1 minute or until desired consistency.
- If using a regular blender, blend for about 2 minutes or until desired consistency.
All of the ingredients have great health benefits:
I used a Mineola Orange which was juicy and sweet. Chock full of Vitamin C.
The phytochemicals in grapes help to lower your risk for heart disease and cancer.
Mango is a good source of Vitamins A, B6, C and Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids.
Cucumber is a great diuretic and because of it's fresh pungent taste, it is a great contrast to the sweet fruit.
Kale is high in Vitamin A and C with traces of Potassium, Calcium, Iron, Vitamin B6 and Magnesium.
Blueberries contain Vitamin C and fiber.
Ice Cubes keep the drink icy and adds to the liquid, making this a healthy drink to help flush out toxins.
The Right Amount
The amount of the ingredients listed above made enough to fill a 12 ounce glass to the brim and the Vitamins from each ingredient gave me a smooth energetic pick up.
Yummy. Nutritious. Delicious.