- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Sweet and Sour Beef Brisket | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
This is a Cupboard Drawer Recipe that combines the east and west in a wholesome tasty treat. That is a stick to your ribs favorite of mine on a winters eve. My Mom, Dorothy would serve this with garlic new potatoes and peas, and my wife Zena would do so with Fried sliced potatoes and cabbage, or along with a rice pilaf with green beans and corn mixed in. No matter how you decide to make this stove top favorite, Do Enjoy!
2 ½ - 3 lb fresh Beef Brisket
1 can (16 oz) stewed Tomatoes
1 can (8 oz) Sauerkraut, undrained
1 cup Applesauce
2 tbsp Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Cold Water
2 tbsp Corn Starch
- In a 10 inch skillet (w cover) uncovered, over medium high heat, combine the Tomatoes, Sauerkraut, Applesauce, and Brown Sugar, Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- 2. Add Brisket, spooning some of the sauce mixture over the meat. Cover and simmer at low heat for 2 ½ to 3 hours or until Brisket is tender; spooning sauce over meat occasionally. Transfer Brisket to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Skim off excess fat from pan juice. Combine Cold Water and Cornstarch; stir into the Tomato mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 mins past that point. Carve the roast Brisket and spoon some sauce over the meat. Pour remaining sauce in a serving dish.
- Garnish platter with parsely and serve Meat and sauce home-style.
Yield 8 – 12 Servings
- The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book, was first published in September 1988 by my Father Mel Ellis, from recipes that literally were in the cupboard drawer that had been collected over the years by my Mom,...
- Free Winter\'s Scene animated Greeting Card Screensaver, No Adware, Spyware and Virus Checked!