Sweet Potato & Corn Chowder Recipe - Low-fat & Easy to Make
This recipe makes four servings.
Depending on the ingredients you choose to use, each serving contains approximately:
- 200 Calories
- 5 gram of Fat
- 30 grams of Carbohydrates
This is one of my favorite soups to make. Not only do I think it is tasty, but my family often requests it for dinner. I started with a very basic recipe for corn chowder. This is my final, favorite version of the recipe: Enjoy!
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 3-4 small sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbs. flour
- 2 cups 1% or skim milk
- Saute onion and garlic in oil over medium heat, for two minutes
- Add corn, potatoes, water, salt, pepper, and paprika. Bring to a boil on high heat.
- Once it boils, reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour into 1/2 cup of the milk, until smooth.
- Gradually add the flour and milk mixture to the vegetables, stirring constantly.
- Continue to stir as you add the rest of the milk, cooking until soup boils and thickens.