- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Beef Recipes
Taco-Beef Pie Recipe
Savor the Flavor With a Mexicali Meat Pie
Taco-beef pie is a mouth-watering combination of flavors: taco seasoning, hamburger, cheese, and a biscuit crust.
If you like meat pies and want something a little different for dinner, taco-beef pie is easy to make and is so tasty.
This easy meat pie is perfect for Friday nights and you'll have plenty left over for the weekend. This recipe makes enough to fill a 10" pie plate.
With its unbeatable flavor, this pie will become a family favorite.
Once you've made it a time or two, taco-beef pie recipe can easily be prepared from memory.
- 1 pkg. ground beef, fried until crispy
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 pkg. Taco seasoning
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- Fry hamburger until well done. Drain off grease.
- Add onions and continue cooking until they are browned
- Add green pepper
- Add taco seasoning, following directions on package
- Simmer so flavors blend
- Place cooked hamburger into the bottom of your glass pie plate and set aside
- Grate cheddar cheese and sprinkle it over the hamburger
Prepare Your Biscuit Crust
- 2 cups of flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. of soft butter
- 1 cup milk
- Stir the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Cut in the butter. Add the milk and stir lightly, adjusting the amount of milk you use, so that you have a light, moist biscuit dough.
- Drop the dough by tablespoons over the cheese and hamburger mixture and spread out with a wooden spoon until the top of your pie is covered. Dot with butter.
Cooking Instructions for Taco-Beef Pie
Place your taco-beef pie into a preheated oven and bake at 325 degrees, 20-30 minutes, until biscuit crust is golden brown. Insert a knife in the crust to test for doneness. Remove pie from oven and slice into wedges.
Taco-Beef Pie: Time-Saving Tips
- Hamburger can be cooked ahead of time and frozen so that it is ready to go
- Onions and green peppers can be chopped and then frozen
- Cheese can be grated and stored in the freezer
If desired, you can prepare this recipe ahead of time. Cook taco-beef pie and allow to cool; slice into portions, then store in containers and freeze. Remove individual slices and thaw completely, then warm.
One of the Best Easy & Tasty Beef Pies
Taco beef pie is bursting with flavor and is sure to become a family favorite. It's one of those dinner dishes you'll make again and again.
*Copyright Athlyn Green (M. Rhodes). Do not copy.
© 2014 Athlyn Green