This is a quick, easy casserole to put together and pop in the oven when you get home. When we get home late and don't feel like eating takeout, it is the perfect dish as it doesn't take long to make. Wait to mix the chips in until you are ready to put it in the oven. They will get soggy if you let them sit in the mixture too long.
Serve with small dishes of chopped green onions, diced tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream and shredded cheese to make it more festive and tasty. Serve a zesty salsa with it. Serve with a tossed salad and you will have a delicious, tasty meal.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 2.5 ounce package taco seasoning mix
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 28 ounce can tomatoes, broken
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large handfuls tortilla chips
- 15 ounce can whole corn, drained
- 15 ounce can olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups water
- Cook hamburger and onion until done. Drain meat and onion.
- Mix in taco seasoning, corn, tomatoes, salt, pepper, chili powder, tomato sauce and water; mix and heat for 10 minutes. Put all mixed ingredients in a large casserole and stir. Add chips and stir gently.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Garnish with your choice of sour cream, chopped tomatoes, chopped green onions, or shredded cheese.
|Serving size: 2 cups|
|Calories from Fat||288|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 32 g||49%|
|Saturated fat 11 g||55%|
|Unsaturated fat 18 g|
|Carbohydrates 28 g||9%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 4 g||16%|
|Protein 24 g||48%|
|Cholesterol 85 mg||28%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|