Tacos- Your way
Tacos Made for You
Tacos and you
Most people would say , I want and love Tacos. Some of us can't eat raw peppers or onions, so why not cook them first. We really avoid certain food items for one reason or another.
If we think of what the ingredients are that we can't eat and then find a way to fix it, we will be able to eat that dish with a little adjustment.
Tacos can be spiced right for one person, but you might not be able to eat them. So let's change it to what you can eat. Tacos can be made many different ways, with different meats and toppings but the other ingredients might be what causes the problem.
Learning to change the ingredients is the key to enjoying all you can from the foods we like to eat.
So, let's give it a try.
- 1 lb hamburger or chicken, ground
- 2 tsp corriander, ground
- 2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/2 cup oinions, chopped
- 1/2 cup green peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup marinara / spaghetti, sauce
- 1 Tbs oleo or olive oil, heated
- salt / pepper (optional) to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Getting your tacos ready
- Chop onions and green peppers and saute in oil.
- Add chopped meat and spices and cook until done.
- Add sauce if desired.
- Make foil boat to hold tacos. Place tacos into boats
- Add cheese to bottom of taco to prevent sogginess.
- Add meat mixture and place into 375 degree oven for 5 min.
- Remove from oven and top with lettuce tomatoes or Jalapeno peppers and whatever else you like. Ready to serve.
Good to know
The foil boats are made by making a few wide folds
in your foil. Tear enough foil to hold 3-4 tacos.
The foil will keep your tacos upright and ready to serve
The cheese added to bottom of the tacos prevents a wet fall apart taco.
Preparing for others
Often we tend to forget the dietary needs of those sharing a meal with us. In order to make sure someone else can eat and enjoy the meal without worry of digestive problems, we sometimes have to alter the ingredients.
Some people cannot eat raw veggies or spicy foods such as pepper, tomato based sauces and many of us have to watch our salt intake. If we keep this in mind and adjust the ingredients, most likely everyone will be able to enjoy their meal without worry.
More on Tacos
More delicious tacos
- Quick and Easy Chicken Taco Recipe
Here is a quick and easy recipe for delicious chicken tacos that is nutritious and only takes about 30 minutes to prepare. This recipe makes enough for about 6 tacos and of course, you can double if needed.