Tasty Butter Chicken
- 850 gms Chicken breast
- 3 spoons ginger garlic paste
- 3 spoons red chili powder
- 3 spoons coriander powder
- 4 spoons salt
- 6 green chili
- 1 spoon cumin seeds
- 2 medium sized onions
- 1 and a half tomato
- 1 spoon kasuri methi or dry fenu greek leaves
- 1/2 cube butter
- 1 and a half spoon cream
- 1/2 spoon sugar
- 1/4 spoon orange food colour powder
- 4 spoons canola oil
- half a spoon orange food color
Swad food color
- Take about half a spoon of Swad orange food color.
- Add around 6 spoons of water. Allow the powdered food color to dissolve in water.
Instructions on how to marinate chicken breast pieces.
- Add one and half spoon of ginger garlic paste, 1 spoon of red chili powder, 1 spoon of salt and 1 spoon of coriander powder to the finely cut chicken breast pieces.
Instructions on cooking the marinated chicken pieces.
- In a wok, add about 3 spoons of canola oil. Add the marinated chicken breast pieces (cover the wok while cooking the chicken pieces). Cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes remove the chicken pieces and place them on a plate.
Instructions on how to make the flavored tomato sauce (this should be cooked under medium heat throughout) .
- Add cumin seeds to the leftover oil and water from the chicken pieces in the wok.Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add onions. Cook for about 10 minutes (cover the wok when cooking the onions). Wait until the onions turn transparent.
- Add ginger garlic paste. Cook for about 5 minutes until the raw flavor is gone (cover the wok while cooking).
- Add cashew nuts, green chili, red chili powder, coriander powder and kasuri methi( dry fenu greek leaves) in quick succession. Cook for about 12 minutes (cover the wok while cooking).
- Add tomoto pieces. Cook for 15 minutes (cover the wok when cooking).
- Allow the contents in the wok to cool. After the contents in the wok cool, put them in a blender to make a fine paste. Keep the paste aside in a separate bowl.
Instructions on how to make butter chicken (this should be cooked under medium heat throughout).
- Add half a block of unsalted butter to the wok and wait until the butter melts.
- Add the tomato paste to the wok. To dilute the tomato paste add water. Cook for about 3 minutes (cover the wok when cooking).
- Add the required amount of salt if necessary. Also add one and a half spoon of whip cream.
- Add the color and half a spoon of sugar to the diluted tomato sauce.
- Add the chicken. Cook for about 20 minutes (cover the wok when cooking).
- Add one and a half spoon of garam masala. Throughly mix the contents of the wok. Cook for about 7 to 8 minutes (cover the wok when cooking).
© 2015 serenity