- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Tasty Mexican Pizza Recipe for the Crock Pot
Looking for a easy slow cooker recipe that's not just the same old boring meal you make all the time? Try this delicious Mexican Pizza recipe for an easy to prepare meal that you can put together in just a few minutes and then leave to cook in your Crock Pot for up to five hours. This different, yet delicious, dinner is sure to be a hit in your house!
Crock Pot Mexican Pizza Recipe
- 2 pounds of ground beef, browned and crumbled.
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- 1 can of pinto beans, drained
- 2 can of Rotel tomatoes
- 1 small can of chopped black olives
- 1 small can of chile peppers
- 5 flour tortillas
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
You will need to line your crock pot with aluminum foil before getting started, so that you can remove your Mexican Pizza without making a huge mess. Simple tear off one strip of aluminum foil that is long enough to completely line the crock, with a little room above the rims of the pot. Tear off a second strip, and place it so that it crisscrosses with the other strip. The end result should be the creation of a cradle on which the Mexican Pizza can sit to cook, that has enough foil extending outside the crockery so you can hold on to it to lift up the finished product.
Once your slow cooker is foil lined, do the following:
- Spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put the first tortilla on the foil, inside the crock pot.
- Top with 1/4 of the meat, beans, tomatoes, olives, chile peppers, and cheese
- Top with another tortilla
- Put the second 1/4 of the fillings on top of this tortilla
- Continue until you have created four layers, ending with the last tortilla on top.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
Remove the cooked Mexican Pizza, slide it onto a plate or tray, and serve.
Note: While this dish has all the convenience of traditional crock pot recipes, you don't want to leave it simmering during an 8-10 hour work day. The tortillas will get very mushy if you cook it too long.
This dish tastes great straight from the slow cooker. However, it's even better if you add a few of your favorite Tex Mex recipe toppings. Try one or more of these ideas to enhance your delicious crock pot Mexican Pizza meal:
- More shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Cheese dip
- Enchilada sauce
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh diced tomatoes
- Shredded lettuce