Tasty deviled egg recipe: Remove, mash, mix, restore, as easy as it sound
Have you ever tried to eat hard-boiled eggs in different look and taste?
Maybe you did, but in my case, I just found out recently that we can transform our hard-boiled mere looking egg into a more appealing version.
Never too late to learn something new. So in my case I did try this humble deviled egg recipe and the result is quite astonishing.
Yes you can easily find many deviled egg recipes out there, and the variation is unlimited. Actually, this dish was long been created as a more stylish way of improving the old fashion hard-boiled eggs.
You can serve them during family gathering, any casual or special occasion, offering them to your guests in a party would become a better and safer choice.
How this dish got its name in the first place? Where deviled egg recipe first created? Dated way back in the ancient Rome era, and has been widely popularized all over Europe with its distinctive local name.
For example people in Hungary would call it tojas, while Netherland is gevuld ei, Sweden will recognize this dish as fyllda agg, and so on.
The name deviled was first introduced to show well seasoned fried and boiled dishes.
Deviled was the last version to name this great dish as a result of evolving processes from the culinary term in the past.
Anyway, what really important is that this dish is so delicious, and somehow relatively easy to prepare, why we need to worry about the name anyway?
Just like some countries in the world they came up with their own name, maybe we can just call it stuffed egg, easy to comprehend but taste is amazing.
How to make deviled eggs? The easiest way, probably the most traditional way
Fundamentally speaking, the first steps in creating this tasty dish would be to cut hard-boiled egg into equal size, separate the yolk, mash them while mixing them with other ingredients.
Finally get yolk back to its original place, inside the hollow part of the egg white. Sound easy right? Let's get into more detail.
Simple deviled egg recipe
Now first you need to have the following ingredients ready:
- 6 fresh chicken eggs
- 3 table spoons of mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup of feta cheese or 2 table spoons of blue cheese
- 1 table spoon of mustard, in this case I would recommend Dijon mustards
- Table Salt and white pepper for seasoning
1. Now get the eggs to hard-boiled, and get it cooling them by leave them in cold water, this way you can get them peeled more easily.
2. Peel the egg, and rinse to make sure they all free from any small shells that might still attached to the eggs.
3. Get the boiled eggs into the fridge for about half an hour, the get them more firm so you can cut them into half easier later on.
4. Cut the eggs into half lengthwise, and try to lightly press each of the sliced egg to loose the yolk, or you can just you spoon, scooping out the yolk and place them inside a small bowl.
5. Get a fork mash the yolk, while adding, salt, pepper, mayonnaise, mustard, and cheese.
6. Keep mashing all the ingredients until they turn into paste or creamy look-alike.
7. Finally, fill the egg halves with the paste, and you may add paprika on top or any other ingredients of your choice. Now they are ready for you to serve, enjoy!
Deviled egg calories
Of course this is probably NOT the best deviled egg recipe you could ever create.
However I think this is perhaps the simpler version to prepare.
Anyway, there are many other ingredients you can add.
For example if you want to make it spicier you might want to add curry powder instead of the mustard.
If you want to add more flavors, you may need to add finely chopped onion.
Other than that to get fresher flavor, you can sprinkle chopped parsley.
How about more heat?
Try to mix the mustard, mayonnaise, with pickled jalapeno, cumin, and finish with cilantro on the top.
Nevertheless, you can try a different combination of ingredients, you could ever imagine.
More Hubs about Eggs
Despite of higher calories and cholesterol, the egg yolk benefits are more we can ever get advantages from. The high nutrient, protein, vitamin, minerals content, helps our body needs and eating in moderation would be the ultimate solution.
Egg white calories are relatively small in comparison to other energy produce food. However white eggs contain all 9 elements of amino acids that our body need for regenerating and cell developments.