Teased Turkey Breast in a Bag
Bake Now Serve Later
The shower we are having is in September, and this was a great time to cook it, now. The month of freezing it, gives the turkey time to absorb the flavors of the onion and celery and later, I will thaw it out and add a bag of shredded sharp cheddar cheese and let it melt and merge.
- 3 breasts turkey
- 1/4 cup onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 1/2 cup Fry Magic Coating Mix
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Poultry Seasoning blend
- Heat oven to 325. Place Fry Magic in turkey cooking bag in a large baking dish. Chop onions and celery and place in bag. Put turkey on top of onions and celery.
- Pour melted butter on each breast. Close cooking bag and poke six small holes in top of bag to vent steam.
- Place dish in oven and let bake for 8 hours.
- Squish turkey off bones, find bones with metal tongs. Remove bones, set aside and discard. Place bag in crock pot and either freeze for use at a later date, or heat on low until company consumes it on buns.
Baking and De-boning in Same Bag
That's my favorite part, de-boning the bird in the bag. I start by squishing the birds so that the meat slides from the bones. Then, I squish the bones away from the squished meat. Then, I pull the bones, through the bag, to the top of the bag, where I remove the bones with a tongs, and place in a bowl nearby.
The meat is still very hot, so I use a pot holder mitt and a tongs. You have to hold the mouth of the bag with one hand, and squish with the other hand. Then, you have to hold the tongs and hold the bag and place the bone in the bowl, one at a time.
Repeat. Repeat. Repeat, until all bones are in the bowl. Or, at least most of the bones. I'm not perfect. Sometimes, I miss a bone.