- Food and Cooking
Terrific and Easy Turkey Chili
A quick easy flavorful chili. This turkey chili is a snap to put together. A hearty and healthy recipe that will be a big hit. Nothing beats a big bowl of chili when it's cold outside. Turkey chili is made from ground turkey but can also be made form leftover holiday turkey.
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 cans (14.5 oz cans) diced tomatoes (low sodium), undrained
- 2 cans (14.5 oz cans) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (16 oz cans) kidney beans (I use light red), drained and rinsed
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet brown turkey meat and onion. If needed add a small amount of water so meat does not stick to skillet. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large pot add all the other ingredients. Heat until it bubbles then lower heat. Add turkey and onion to the pot. Cover and lightly simmer for 1 hour. Stir occasionally.
- Tastes great reheated the next day. Can be frozen up to three months.
- Great for Thanksgiving leftovers. A tasty recipe for using up leftover turkey. Use 2-3 cups shredded leftover turkey.
|Serving size: 320 g|
|Calories from Fat||99|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 11 g||17%|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15%|
|Carbohydrates 17 g||6%|
|Sugar 8 g|
|Fiber 6 g||24%|
|Protein 25 g||50%|
|Cholesterol 77 mg||26%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|