- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients»
- Vegetable Ingredients
The Best Ever Sweet Potato Fries
Yummy! Sweet potato fries are really becoming much more popular as people are realizing how healthy they really are and how tasty!
Sweet potatoes really have an interesting flavor. If you've ever had them at Christmas time or at Thanksgiving, this is not going to be the same thing. These are crispy and salty and a little bit spicy, just like french fries but much better!
You can dip them in ketchup, a mayo and garlic sauce, honey mustard, a chipotle garlic sauce, or even a spicy fruit sauce. Sweet potato fries go well with just about everything.
This is one of the side dishes that my husband asks me to make again and again, regardless of what we are having for dinner. lol Try it out and I'm sure you'll fall just as much in love!
- 6 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray generously with coking spray.
- Wash your sweet potatoes well, and if you are leaving the skins on, you'll want to scrub them down to clean any debris off the outside.
- On a cutting board and a big knife chop your sweet potatoes into your preferred size and shape. Remember the bigger they are the more meat you'll get along with flavor and juiciness. However they will take longer to cook. The smaller you cut them, the quicker they'll cook and the crunchier they'll be.
- I chop them up into medium-size fries by chopping the potatoes into four big slices lengthwise, then I lay them out two slices stacked at a time. With these, I hold them together and cut both into long fry-like strips. This way they cut a little faster and easier.
- In a storage bag, pour in your olive oil and then your sweet potato slices. Seal the bag and toss the strips to coat evenly.
- Open the bag back up and add your taco seasoning and cayenne, and then seal the bag up again. Toss your fries to coat them evenly with your seasonings.
- Open up your bag and dump your fries out on the cookie sheet.
- Spread them out evenly on the cookie sheet and bake them for 1 hour, flipping them halfway through the cookie process so that they brown evenly on both sides.
|Serving size: 1 potato worth of fries|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 5 g||8%|
|Carbohydrates 29 g||10%|
|Fiber 4 g||16%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 399 mg||17%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
These crispy, sweet, and salty fries are super addictive! Baked in olive oil, sweet potato fries are simple, easy and nutritious.
Not only are they delicious, but sweet potatoes are known for their super healthy qualities, and weight loss abilities. Sweet potatoes are chocked full of fiber that helps you to feel full quicker and longer keeping you from unhealthy snacking and necessary weight gain.
Food with high amounts of dietary fiber are also great for maintaining a healthy blood sugar level. This is great for those people suffering from diabetes, hyper- or hypoglycemia.
I can't express how delicious these really are. And when you can make them yourself at home, I bet you'll start eating them much more often!