The Best Gluten-Free Chicken Pot Pie Recipe—With Picture Guide!
Prep time: ~40 minutes
Cook time for crust: 15 minutes
Cook time for pie: 45 minutes
Total time for dish: ~1 hour and 40 minutes
Serving size: Serves 6
The CrustClick thumbnail to view full-size
- 2 1/2 cups of Cup 4 Cup gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup butter cold - cut into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons ice water
Crust Prep Instructions
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Cut butter into flour with a pastry cutter until the butter resembles the size of small peas.
- Add egg.
- Use your hands to work the egg into the dough, and then slowly add the ice water until the ingredients are combined and the dough forms a ball. Add more water if needed.
- Divide dough in half and roll each ball out and.
- Chill the dough.
- Lay the first half of the dough in the pie pan and bake for 15 mins at 350.
- Follow instructions for the filling and top with the second pie crust.
The FillingClick thumbnail to view full-size
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, medium diced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Cup 4 Cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
Filling Prep Instructions
- Add the butter to a large skillet over medium heat. When the butter is melted, add the chicken, carrots, celery, onion, salt, garlic, thyme, and pepper. Stirring often, cook for 8-10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the flour. Stir until no dry flour remains. Stir in the cream, then the chicken broth. Cook until bubbling and thick, 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Let this cool for 15 minutes before filling the crust.
- Scoop the filling into the pie crust. Top with the second pie crust. Seal the edges of the pie crust together. Cut 3-4 slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Place the filled pie plate on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 on the bottom rack of the oven.
- Cool for 15-30 minutes before serving.