Chocolate Chip Cookies - Light Recipe
The Tools- Buy Here At Amazon
- Calories 100
- Fat 3.5 g
- Sat Fat 2 g
- Cholesterol 15 mg
- Carb 16 g
- Protein 1 g
- Fiber 0
- Sodium 30 mg
- If you want to keep foods from sticking to cake pans, baking sheets, etc. and NO ADDED CALORIES, use parchment paper
- You can purchase parchment paper in the grocery store where aluminum foil is located
- I use mini-chocolate chips in my cookies and just mix the whole amount in at the beginning
- Does size matter? When you use 1 tablespoon of dough, you end up with a 2-1/2 inch cookie that is moist and chewy and is the perfect size (100 calories)
More The Best Light Cookie Recipes
Light Version Chocolate Chip Cookies - Makes 24
I think these are the best light recipe I've discovered for chocolate chip cookies and they are only 100 calories! I found the recipe in Best Light Recipe by Cooks.com, however, I use a combination of walnuts and mini chocolate chips - but you can use all chocolate chips or white chocolate chips or another nut as well. As a book review, the cookbook is unsurpassed.
Note: In order for the cookies to spread and brown properly, bake them one tray at a time. The chips are added in 2 steps. Store in an air-tight container but these are excellent for freezing!
- 1-1/4 cups (6-1/4 ounces) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg (or use 1/4 cup of egg substitute)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed (7 ounces) light brown sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (generous 1/2 cup) - split - see below - or use half chopped walnuts or white chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips.
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk butter, egg and vanilla together.
- Stir in brown sugar until smooth, smearing any remaining clumps of brown sugar against the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Stir in the flour mixture and a generous 1/3 cup of the chocolate chips until thoroughly combined.
- Working with a level tablespoon of dough each time, roll the dough into 1-inch balls. (If the dough is too soft to roll, refrigerate until firm)
- Place the balls on the prepared baking sheets spacing them about 2-1/2 inches apart. (12 cookies on each baking sheet)
- Press the remaining chips into the top of the touch (2-3 chips per cookie)
- Bake the cookies one tray at a time, until the edges are light golden and the centers are just set (11-13 minutes).
- Rotate the tray halfway through baking (do not over-bake).
- Cool cookies on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then serve warm or transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
- Bake the second tray while the first tray cools.
Other Good Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Creative choco chips. (public domain) Chocolate Chip Drop Cookies Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F Cooking time: 20 minutes per pan, less if you use artificial sugars NOTE: cookies will be crisper...
- Copycat Recipes Nieman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies
This Chocolate Chip Cookie Is Part Of A Urban Legend But They Are So Good This cookie recipe believe it or not is based on urban legend. People all over the Internet have always claimed they knew someone who...
- Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Recipe (Vegan)
This eggless chocolate chip cookie dough is perfect for vegans or anyone concerned about the possibility of salmonella and other risks associated with eating raw eggs. This cookie dough uses no eggs at all, not even a fancy egg substitute, but it sti
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies with Coconut and Cranbe...
After much experimentation and several disasters, I finally perfected a vegan cookie recipe. Everyone who has tried it has been amazed to learn that it is vegan. These cookies are delicious--soft and chewy in the center and crisp around the edges, ex
- Secrets to Making the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Baking can be the ultimate test for many a novice chef just starting down the culinary path. The many variables combine to test the patience of even the most experienced chef. Because the chemistry of each...