The Gift of Giving---# 6---Budapest Nut Kugels
The Gift of Giving recipe # 6
Budapest Nut Kugels
Not only do these taste great but they look really awesome on a cookie platter. I put them into the extra-small paper cuplets (they look like miniature muffin cups) They come in many colors from plain white to gold. Available where ever you buy your baking supplies. Plain they're great in the freezer for a couple of months. These can also be dipped in dark semi sweet chocolat then rolled in crushed nuts like coconut.
- 1 1/2 cups of butter or margarine (do not use whipped marg. there is too much water in it)
- 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons of evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 3 cups of sifted flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 3/4 cups of crushed nuts [(walnuts,almonds, or shredded coconut) if you decide to roll the balls in coconut then obviously you would put coconut in the recipe too]
- dark semi sweet chocolat (optional)
Cream butter, then add powdered sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla. Combine with dry ingredients with 2 1/2 cups of chosen nuts. Roll dough into small balls. Place them on a cookie sheet and bake them at 375 for 30 minutes. When still warm roll balls in powdered sugar mixed with nuts of choice. If chocolat coating wait till cookies are cool then roll the balls in the melted chocolat then in the choice of nuts. Drop each little gems into paper cuplets and hide till ready to assemble platters.
Check out the rest of the recipes for the Christmas trays here
- The Gift Of Giving & Mocha-Walnut Rum Ball recipe
My family's tradition is for 'Santas' visit to be on Christmas eve. To give the Old Gent time to drop off his goodies, we had to leave home at dusk and not come back for what seemed FOREVER. So my Mom in her...
- The Gift of Giving---#2--- Walnut Crescent Shortbrea...
This is the Gift Of Giving recipe #2 Walnut Crescent Shortbread Cookies This is one of the easiest shortbread cookies to make. After experimenting with this recipe it became my Dad's favourite. You can...
- The Gift of Giving---#3---Hungarian Sugar Cookies
This is the Gift of Giving recipe #3 Hungarian Sugar Cookies This is the cookie dough that you need to make a lot of because it's the one kids will love the best to work with. It can be colored with food...
- A Gift of Giving---# 5---Austrian Shortbread (worlds...
The Gift of Giving recipe # 5 Austrian Shortbread Cookies (worlds best) I make these shortbreads year round. They are really easy and freeze well. I just dress them up for my Christmas cookie...
- The Gift of Giving---#4---Hungarian Double Decker Co...
The Gift of Giving recipe #4 Hungarian Double Decker Cookies I enjoy these cookies, the slight cinnamony flavor blends really well with the taste of the apricot jam. I usually make these without the icing...