- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes
The Mango Lassi
The Mango Lassi
Mango is king of fruits. It is one of the best fruits. There are more than 3000 verities of mangoes available in the market during the season. Mango usually comes in summer seasons. It has color from yellow to orange to red to green and comes in various sizes from size of plum to size of small pineapple. Mango is very sweet in taste and is supposed to be the fruit which Gods relish. Lassi is a drink usually drank in northern India during summer months. It is again very tasty and is suppose to keep you cool in summers and prevents you from sun strokes
- 1 Mango, 400 Grams or 14 ounces
- Yogurt, 700 ml or 24 Fl ounce
- Cold water, 250 ml or 9 fl oz
- Fresh Lime Juice, According to taste
- Grounded Ginger, To decorate
- Ice cubes, Pleanty
- Cheshew Nuts and Rasins, Optional
- 3 Tbsp Castor Sugar
- Peel, de seed and roughly chop the Mango
- Take a blender of food processor.
- Put in mango pulp which was roughly chopped and yogurt.
- Process until its smooth.
- Add water.
- Process it again till it is smooth
- Now add 2 Tbsp of castor sugar.
- Blend it well and taste it.
- If taste is according to your taste then don’t add more sugar otherwise add more sugar.
- Add lime juice and blend it again.
- Fill 6 glasses with ice cubes.
- Pour the mango mixture over the ice cubes.
- 12. Dust lightly the top of mixture with ground ginger or Cashew nuts or raisins (optional).
- Serve it immediately.
1. Ginger decoration is optional.
2. Use normal sugar if castor sugar is not available.
3. Crush ice can be used in blender of food processor in place of ice cubes.