- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Addictive Avocado, Kalamata, and Goat Cheese Veggie Wrap
Rate this recipe!
Kalamata Veggie Wrap
Enjoy this fresh, healthy veggie wrap for a filling lunch -- or to impress your guests with an impromptu meal. Having recently discovered the versatility of the kalamata olive as a "secret ingredient," I created my own kalamata wrap to exploit these little delights.
Ingredient portions are approximate; adjust to meet your own preferences or dietary restrictions. My wraps tend to overflow -- have a fork handy so you don't waste a bit of fresh goodness!
Note: If you aren't able to find jalapeño ranch dressing at your local grocery, it's easy to make your own. Start with a good ranch dressing base, and mix with an equal amount of jalapeño salsa.
- 1 whole wheat soft flatbread or wrap
- 2 leaves Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 medium avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup soft goat cheese, chopped or chunked
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, sliced or chopped
- jalapeno ranch dressing
- Himalayan sea salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Spread a thin layer of jalapeno ranch dressing on a whole wheat wrap.
- Chop or dice your fresh ingredients: romaine lettuce, red onion, tomato, and avocado. If you prefer, tear the lettuce into quarters and layer them over the dressing.
- Slice or chop a handful of kalamata olives.
- Spread all ingredients in a thin layer across the wrap. Add sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Splash more jalapeno ranch dressing across the top.
- Top with crumbled or chopped goat cheese. You may substitute feta cheese if you prefer.
- Roll wrap up and secure ends with toothpicks.