The Perfect Dirty Martini
To make the perfect dirty martini, you'll need:
- Begin by pouring 3/4 of a shot of vermouth into an ice-filled shaker.
- Shake the vermouth boisterosly. Doing this breaks off bits of the icecubes resulting in a cold liquid with a barely perceptible sheen of ice floating on top of it.
- Pour the vermouth through the strainer on the shaker into a martini glass. Coat the entire inside of the glass with the vermouth.
- Now add about 1.5 shot of vodka to the same shaker. Leave in the ice from when you mixed the vermouth.
- Add about a 1/4 shot of olive juice from your jar of olives to the vodka in the shaker.
- Shake rapidly and for about 30 - 45 seconds. The shaker will become almost unbearably cold in your hands.
- Toss out the vermouth from the martini glass so that only a hint of its flavor is left behind in the glass.
- Pour the freezing cold vodka mixture into the glass.
- Spear 2 large martini olives on a toothpick and drop it into the glass.
Enjoy your refreshing beverage. Be sure to savor your vodka soaked olives at he end of your drink. Yum.