Best Hot Chocolate Recipes
Hot Chocolate with Love and Marshmallows
Warm Yourself With the Ultimate Hot Chocolate
I don't know about you but for me when it's cold outside there's nothing better than curling up in front of the fire with a big mug of your favourite hot chocolate. And for something so warming and cosy, so luxurious and satisfying they are very simple to make. So get your jammies on, slip your toes into some warm socks and lets go make some hot chocolate.
Chocolate originates from South America so many of the truly great hot chocolate concoctions come from those countries. There are some surprising additional ingredients which add extra warmth to an already huge hug!
For The Best Hot Chocolate
you need to use REALLY good chocolate!
How To Make The Ultimate Hot Chocolate
Start With Really Good Chocolate
Making the Ultimate Hot Chocolate is actually really easy to do. All you need is some milk and some really good dark chocolate. Warm the milk gently. Allow about 250 millilitres per person (that’s around 8 1/2 fluid ounces). Add around 25-30 grams (around an ounce) chopped dark chocolate and stir until it has melted into the milk. To make it the ULTIMATE Hot Chocolate you now have to add the secret ingredient and that is entirely up to you! Sweeten it with sugar, honey, syrup. Add a pinch of cinnamon or even chilli.
The Bialetti Hot Chocolate Maker for A Really Easy Brew
For some the best hot chocolate is made from scratch using authentic ingredients, for others the only way to get a good hot chocolate is to go out for one. And then there are those who want the real thing at home but prefer to remove the uncertainty and just want to ensure a really good chocolate every time without the hassle. And that’s where the Bialetti comes in.
Making four 8oz cups from chocolate shavings, drinking chocolate or cocoa the Bialetti Hot Chocolate maker melts and mixes the chocolate brew to the perfect drinking temperature.
Beautiful Hot Chocolate on Tap
Simplifying Hot Chocolate Making
For those who want it simple and on tap this will give you hot chocolate when you want it
If you love hot chocolate but just can't be bothered standing over a stove to wait for it here's your answer. Set it and come back when it's ready. Simple!
Don't just use it to blend, heat and whip hot chocolate recipes! Use it also for a variety of other hot beverages such as cappuccino, lattes, café mochas and more.
A Steaming Pot of Hot Chocolate
Rate These Hot Chocolate Tips
More Tips For Your Ultimate Hot Chocolate
Add some extra spice to make it something exotic
* Instead of milk use espresso coffee to melt the chocolate in then top with whipped cream
* Halve the milk and use an equal amount of cream. Heat with a pinch each of ground cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg and a slice of orange peel. Strain before adding white chocolate instead of dark and half a cup of Grand Marnier. Serve sprinkled with grated orange rind and grated dark chocolate.
* Use milk and white chocolate and add a tablespoon of hazelnut syrup.
* Add a cinnamon stick to the milk while it warms. Remove before adding chocolate.
* Use Lindt Excellence Chilli Dark chocolate in place of regular dark chocolate
* Use Peppermint dark chocolate in place of regular dark chocolate
A Mug For Your Hot ChocolateClick thumbnail to view full-size
Decadent Hot Chocolate Two Ways
© 2014 Lynne Schroeder