- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Three Easy Dips Using Cream Cheese
Whenever I am attending a party and I have to bring a dish, I immediately go to these easy dips. I am always looking for the quick way to elicit many ooos and ahhhs but not spend too much time or energy in the kitchen. So here are three quick and easy dips that send your guests begging for more.
Warning: *For each of these dips, be sure that you keep them on another plate of ice to keep cool. You don't want to have your guests get sick from the food not staying at the right temperature.
Photos of making the taco dip.Click thumbnail to view full-size
Cream Cheese and Salsa Taco Dip
This dip uses just three ingredients and takes less than five minutes to make. The ingredients are one jar of salsa, one cup of shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese, and one block of cream cheese.
To make this dip you simply mix the salsa with the cream cheese and then stir in the cheese. It is that simple. Serve with tortilla chips and your bowl will be empty before you know it! It is a great dish to bring to a party or to serve if you are hosting one.
Step by step photos of making the crab dip.Click thumbnail to view full-size
Just three ingredients and you will be on your way. All you need is a block of cream cheese, a can of lump crab meat, and about four tablespoons of cocktail sauce.
In a bowl, shred the crab and then add it to the cream cheese that is in another bowl. Combine the cream cheese and crab meat together so that it is a consistent mixture. Transfer to a serving plate and form into a ball. Pour the cocktail sauce over the top of the sauce of the crab and cream cheese ball and spread evenly. Serve with your favorite crackers. It is that easy and your guests will come back for thirds and fourths!
Step by step photos of the layered taco dip.Click thumbnail to view full-size
Layered Taco Dip
Although this dip is a little more involved, it is still very easy and will be a hit at your next gathering.
1 can of refried beans
1 oz. of taco seasoning
1 cup of sour cream
1 block of cream cheese
1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese
1 cup of salsa
1 1/2 cups of shredded lettuce
1/4 cup of sliced black olives
1-2 chopped green onions
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and sour cream together. Spread evenly on a serving plate.
- In another bowl, mix the refried beans and taco seasoning together and spread another layer over the top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the salsa over the top of the beans and spread evenly for the next layer.
- Sprinkle the lettuce evenly over the top of the salsa. Then sprinkle the cheese on top of the lettuce followed by the olives and green onion. You can add any other veggies that you like such as green pepper, additional tomatoes or even green olives. What ever your taste buds desire!
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
I hope that you find these dips as easy to make and as tasty as we do. Enjoy the dips and have a great time at your next event!