- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Seafood Recipes
Tilapia with Lime Garlic Butter Sauce
Tilapia drizzled in Lime-Garlic Butter Sauce
This is a two part recipe.
I have taken photographs of every step along the way to make this recipe very easy.
Follow along with my little buddy Chef Salter and I as we make it for you. (And for us too!)
You will not be disappointed. It is delicious!
- 4 fillets Tilapia (or Catfish)
- 1 small Lime
- 3 large Garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, Room Temp
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro, or Chopped Fresh
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Blackening Seasoning, (Seafood Magic Seasoning)
Step 1: Tilapia Awesome Sauce
- Combine: 2 Tablespoons of Butter (room temperature) 3 chopped cloves of garlic 2 Tablespoons chopped Cilantro in a small bowl and set aside while you prepare your lime.
- Grate 1 Tablespoon of Zest from your Lime with the small side of your cheese grater. If you are using a small sized Lime (which I used) you are likely to grate the peel from the entire Lime to get 1 Tablespoon of Zest.
- Add Zest of Lime to your bowl of Butter, Garlic and Cilantro. Chop your lime in half. Squeeze juice from lime into the bowl. Mix well.
- You now have your sauce! How easy was that?! Now set aside your bowl and prepare your Tilapia.
Lime Action Photos
Cooking your Tilapia Fillets
Pour 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Cooking Oil into your Cast Iron skillet and heat over high.
In this recipe, I cover both sides of the Tilapia Fillets with a generous amount of
Chef Paul Prudhomme's Magic Seasoning Blends "Seafood Magic" before cooking.
Place your fillets in your heated skillet and cook each side about 3 to 4 minutes, depending upon how thick your fillets are.
You want the seasonings to brown on the outside, and you want your fillets to be white and flaky on the inside.
It is easier than it sounds!
Once you have reached the desired cooking time on one side of your fillets and turn onto their uncooked side, the cooking time is only 1 to 2 minutes until done.
How to cook your Tilapia Fillets
Finished Tilapia Fillets drizzled with Lime Garlic Butter Sauce.
I will soon be editing and updating all of my recipes, which will incorporate and include my handmade ceramic fired and glazed dishes, platters and serving trays in each photo.
Chef Salter and I would like to thank you for joining us in this journey to a delicious Tilapia Recipe for your collection of fine foods. Thank you Brian for sharing this recipe!
We would absolutely love to hear your comments, questions, concerns, critiques, ideas and of course, when you make it at home, we invite you to come back and let us know what you think of it. This will make us extremely happy- AP23