- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Toffee Nut Brownies Recipe
To make these Brownies you will Need:
- 3 oz. unsweetened Baker’s Chocolate Squares
- ⅓ cup Coconut Oil
- ¾ cup White Sugar
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ¾ cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Kosher Sea Salt
- ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ cup Nuts, I like to use macadamia nuts.
- (1) 3 oz. Toffee Dark Chocolate Bar, broken or chopped into pieces.
- (1) 8x8x2 or 9x9x2 Baking Dish
- Non-stick Cooking Spray, to grease dish.
Made for the Brownie Lover in your Family
My husband is a huge brownie lover, and I am always looking for different types of brownie recipes. This Betty Crocker inspired brownie recipe is something I put together when looking for brownie add-ins. I had run out of the usual chocolate chips I would normally go for, and decided to use a toffee chocolate bar and some macadamia nuts instead. The brownies turned out to be delicious, and now a favorite in my home. For a richer brownie you can substitute butter for the coconut oil. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does!
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In small saucepan heat unsweetened chocolate and coconut oil over low heat, stirring continually until completely melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl mix sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. .
- Stir in flour, salt, baking powder, and chocolate mixture. If using self-rising flour in place of all-purpose flour omit the baking powder and salt
- Once all brownie ingredients are mixed add the final ½ cup of chopped nuts of your choice and (1) 3 oz. Toffee Dark Chocolate bar that has been broken into chunks. I like to use the Endangered Species Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Toffee Rhino Bar, but any toffee chocolate bar will do.
- Spread into greased 8x8x2 or 9x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Bake until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan about 35-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting into 2 inch squares, and enjoy with some ice cold milk!