Meals For One: Tomato Parsley Potatoes Recipe (Vegetarian)
Tomato Parsley Potatoes
If you're in the mood to cook something delicious with minimal hassle, then you'll love this Tomato Parsley Potatoes recipes.
The vegetarian side dish works well as a base for dinner (add a fried egg or include a salad on the side) and also as breakfast potatoes. It can easily be made vegan (don't use butter) or made more heart (add cooked ground turkey, beef, or bacon, in the final stage). Likewise, you can double or even quadruple the recipe if you are cooking for multiple people.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine quartered potatoes with the olive oil and spices listed in the first section.
- Transfer potatoes to prepared baking sheet and spread out evenly. Bake for 35-40 minutes, flipping the potatoes every 10 minutes or so to ensure even crisping.
- While the potatoes are roasting, heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion; cook, stirring often, for about 3-5 minutes, or until translucent.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together tomato juice, cornstarch, horseradish, ketchup, celery, seed, paprika, lemon juice, and hot sauce until well-combined.
- Add the tomato mixture to the saucepan with the garlic and onion. Cook 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally--the mixture will thicken and reduce by almost half. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the tomato reduction over the roasted potatoes and top with chopped parsley.
For the Potatoes:
- 4 red or baby Idaho potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, (or melted butter)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For the Tomato-Parsley Reduction Sauce:
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon onion, diced
- 1 can (5.5 oz) tomato juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon horseradish
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste, (or ketchup)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- hot sauce, to taste
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||36|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 4 g||6%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 73 g||24%|
|Protein 5 g||10%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|