- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Soup Recipes
Tomato Soup Easiest Ever: 5 Minutes from Start to Finish with a Bleder
Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe
As tomato season is here, I urge you to try this simple recipe for tomato soup.
It's very flavorful and creamy, and yet it's very simple to make - all that you'll need is tomatoes (of course!), raw cashews (these add amazing creaminess without any cholesterol or other bad stuff) and a blender.
And it really takes five minutes (or less) from start to finish!
- 5 large tomatoes, very ripe
- 1/4 cup cashews, raw
- salt, pepper, to taste
How to Make the Easiest Ever Tomato Soup
This is possibly one of the easiest - and healthiest - recipes for tomato soup you'll ever try. All you need is a powerful blender, such as Vitamix or Blendtec.
If you don't have Vitamix or Blendtec, then it will take 10 minutes to make - fair enough?
3 Steps to make the soup:
1. Wash tomatoes and cut them into chunks. Don't bother taking the skins off your tomatoes (unless you want to), but do cut the stem area away.
2. Blend all ingredients (tomatoes and cashews) on high for a few minutes, until soup is creamy and warmed up. Taste and season a dash of salt and pepper, if desired. Then switch to low and blend for about 30 seconds more (this is to get rid of the air bubbles).
3. Pour into serving bowls and enjoy!
1-2-3: Easiest Ever Tomato Soup Recipe
There is nothing in the world that tastes as good a fresh homemade tomato soup. Once you taste it you'll never want to eat the canned variety again ever.
Most recipes you'll find online or in recipe books - or soups you'll buy in cans - feature at least a few questionable ingredients, plus are loaded with sodium, sugar, dairy (cholesterol), etc.
This recipe has nothing of the above. It's completely dairy-free, cholesterol-free, gluten-free, low-sodium (unless you add it yourself), no added sugars or sweeteners.
Plus it's animal-cruelty-free (vegan), which makes you into a compassionate cook.
Variations, Tips & Tricks
* In the photos, you'll see it's kind of bubbly, but if you stir it up - or simply blend on low before pouring into the plates - it will be smooth as baby food - and delicious! (I took the pictures right after making and tasting the soup the first time and I was sooo excited to share it I didn't really noticed or cared.)
* Optionally, I'd recommend adding a few leaves of fresh basil for creamy basil tomato soup.
* You may substitute 1/2 avocado for cashews.
* Almonds (or almond milk - unsweetened) instead of cashews are another possibility that I'm going to try and let you know how it tastes.
* Garnish with a handful of fresh corn kernels for "rice"
* This is such a simple soup that you must make sure that you use ripe, flavorful tomatoes - this recipe depends on them. I guess a quality canned tomatoes could work well too.
* If possible, buy tomatoes locally when they are in season - you can even save money when you buy a whole basket - like I did this weekend (over 25 pounds of tomatoes for 15 bucks at a local farm store). You can always freeze the excess tomatoes for later (if you still have anything left - which you may not after you try this recipe ;-))
Once you try the recipe, I'd love to hear your comments!