Tomatoes and Cheddar Cheese Treat
Tomatoes and Cheese onToast
Tomatoes and Cheese on Toast
Tomatoes to start
Quick Tomato Treat
If you love tomatoes why not try them on toasted bread with cheese? When we are short on time but need something to hold us over this is the perfect snack.
I love tomatoes and cheese and by putting them together I have a dish that is tasty and quick to prepare and so satisfying.
Most people think of tomatoes in a sauce or a salad, when you don't have time to make either. So why not put your favorite foods on toasted bread and then you will be set to go or enjoy.
- 1 whole tomato, sliced thin or med
- 1/4 cup or more cheese, shredded
- 1/4 basil, fresh chopped or ground
- 2 slices crusty bread, med sliced
- pinch seasalt
- 1/4 tsp oleo (optional), spread thin
- few capers (optional), whole
- The toaster oven can be used if preparing for one person, or under the broiler if making for a few people.
- Place your bread into toaster oven for 5 min. You want the bread to be slightly crispy on both sides.
- Place your shredded cheese onto the bread slices and cover to the edges then add the sliced tomatoes on top.
- Add basil and sea salt if desired.
- Place into the toaster oven on toast, or place into the oven on on broil until the cheese has melted and tomatoes are heated.
- Sprinkle on a few Capers if desired and serve while hot.
Time is of the essence
With time being so limited we must find ways to prepare foods that we enjoy and that won't take up a lot of time preparing and most of all that are satisfying.
This dish can be prepared for snack or brunch and would fit nicely with a bowl of soup to complete a meal for dinner.
You might even try it on Hero bread loaf,slicing it open as you would to make a sandwich but instead add the cheese and tomatoes and broil. What a treat.
Be it Summer or winter this dish will go over well with everyone or just for you. Enjoy
Making life easier.
Some times you don't want to heat up the whole house just to prepare a simple meal. I look for ways to make my life go a little smoother with less hassle. My tomato and cheese on toast does just that.
There seems to be all types of cooking vessels and kitchen tools to help us make life easier. So I say go for it! The old way can be revised and your foods will taste just as good with a little practice.