- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Top 5 Vegan Breakfast Recipes
Like and follow Vegan 4 Life on Facebook for daily vegan recipes, vegan news and vegan memes!
As a huge fan of vegan recipes and breakfast recipes, I've decided to list my all-time top 5 favorite vegan breakfast recipes here completely free for you to enjoy! The following recipes are featured in my brand new cookbook full of 200 different vegan recipes - . The Vegan Cookbook: 200 Healthy & Delicious Recipes for The Beginner Vegan
When you grab a copy of my book, you'll not only get 200 delicious recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert, but you'll also get full listings for the calories, fats, protein and carbohydrates in each recipe! If that's not enough, you'll be able to quickly see how long each recipe takes to prepare, so you can plan ahead.
#1. Rosemary Potatoes
Who even needs hash browns when you can enjoy these delicately flavored, superbly seasoned little mouthfuls of goodness? These are more than your standard breakfast potatoes. These are seasoned in such a way that they not only taste better than your average breakfast potatoes, but are also packing a load of medicinal benefits from the rosemary and organic extra virgin olive oil. If you can stand the challenging hint of apple cider vinegar, feel free to lightly drizzle the final product in it to even further maximize your fat burning capacity.
- Salt and pepper for flavor
- ¼ cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Rosemary, dried
- 8 Yukon gold potatoes, cut into quarter slices
- Set your oven to preheat to 350°F (175°C).
- Grab a large bowl and place the rosemary, oil, pepper and salt in it on top of the quartered potatoes. Shake and toss bowl to coat the potatoes thoroughly.
- Lay the coated potatoes out onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F (175°C).
#2. Eggplant Bacon
Have you ever found yourself missing the taste of crispy bacon since you made your conversion to veganism? Have you ever wished there was such a thing as bacon that wouldn't cause animal grease to get all over your hands and face while eating it? Perhaps you like the grease. Either way, this is your solution. You won't believe how good this eggplant bacon tastes until you invest the time to try it!
- 2 tbsp. Brown sugar replacement
- 2 tbsp. Organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Chinese eggplant, slice very thin in length (like bacon)
- 1 small dash of cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. Chili powder
- ½ tsp. Paprika
- 4 drops liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp. Maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. Barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- Mix your marinade. Combine your barbecue sauce with your soy sauce, 1 tbsp. Olive oil (save the other tablespoon for later), liquid smoke, syrup, paprika, cayenne pepper and chili powder in a dish.
- Add in your eggplant slices. Be sure to coat each slice as equally and evenly as possible.
- Leave in the refrigerator to marinate for 6 hours. If you have time, 12 hours works better.
- Set your oven to preheat to 400°F (200°C).
- Warm up your second tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet on medium-low heat.
- Add in your eggplant slices and cook until they are thoroughly browned. This should take approximately 5 minutes on each side.
- Lay your eggplant bacon slices on cookie sheet. Top generously with brown sugar replacement.
- Allow to roast in oven at 400°F (200°C) until the color is dark brown. This should take approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
#3. Blueberry Pecan Granola
Nothing beats good old-fashioned granola when it comes to breakfast or a snack on the hiking trail. The sweet marriage of blueberry and pecan, with brown sugar replacement and cinnamon, tango with a bit of applesauce and dried apricots in this incredible meal that makes for a great breakfast or a quick treat to stop and eat on your favorite hiking trail. Simply pour it from bowl to Ziploc baggy and you have yourself a snack to take to the great outdoors that won't go bad in the sun!
- 3 tbsp. flax seeds, ground
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup diced and dried apricots
- 3 tbsp. Maple syrup
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 3 tbsp. Canola oil
- ¾ tsp. Ground ginger
- 1 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar replacement, packed
- ½ cup spelt flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Set your oven to 300°F (150°C) for preheating.
- In a large bowl, mix your spelt flour, flax seed, pecans, apricots, syrup, applesauce, canola oil, ginger, cinnamon and brown sugar with your rolled oats by tossing it together.
- On a lined baking sheet, spread the granola mix as evenly as possible.
- Allow to bake at 300°F (150°C) for 20 minutes.
- Stir the granola and then bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Allow to fully cool.
#4. Chocolate Vegan Scones
What is tastier than scones? What is tastier than chocolate? Scones with chocolate, of course! These moist scones are riddled with chocolate chips and hazelnuts giving you a nice combination of chew and crunch. The key to these vegan scones is a balance between vegan butter, flour, sugar and baking powder amongst other ingredients. These sweet morsels make for an excellent breakfast or even brunch. There's no bad time for a scone – especially one with chocolate chips!
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Hazelnut Coconut Milk Creamer
- 6 tbsp. Vegan butter
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Set your oven to 425°F (218°C) for preheating.
- Use parchment paper to line a cookie sheet.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda and salt together in a bowl. Shake and toss to sift together.
- Mix vegan butter into the concoction with your hands until the mixture becomes large and coarse crumbs about the size of granules of corn.
- Sprinkle in your chocolate chips and your So Delicious creamer. Mix together until it is barely moistened.
- Lightly flour a surface and put the dough on it. Work it together with your hands until the dough sticks together in the shape of a sphere.
- Flatten the sphere of dough into a 2" thick circle with a 6" diameter.
- Allow the dough to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Cut it into however many slices you want, as you would a pizza.
- Top with the remainder of sugar.
- Bake at 425°F (218°C) for 18 minutes or until it has become a golden-brown color.
- Allow to cool off.
#5. Breakfast Oreo Donuts
I couldn't decide whether this tasty recipe belonged in the Breakfast section or the Desserts section, but I realized more people eat donuts for breakfast than for dessert – so here it is! In order to win friends at the office, make enough to share with your co-workers and your boss. These vegan Oreo donuts are a great companion to a cup of your favorite coffee.
- ¼ cup of crushed Oreos
- 2 tbsp. Coconut milk
- 4 oz. Shortening
- 4 oz. Vegan margarine of your choice
- 2 ½ cups confectioner's sugar
- ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp. Vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- Cooking spray
- Set your oven to 350°F (175°C) for preheating.
- In a large enough bowl, prepare your mixture of sugar, flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt. Add in the vegetable oil, vanilla extract and water and stir until the consistency of the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into a doughnut pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Flip onto a wire rack and allow the donuts to cool for an additional 8 minutes.
- In a second bowl, make a concoction of your vegan margarine, confectioner's sugar, coconut milk and shortening and beat it with an electric mixer. Continue until the resulting frosting is a fluffy and velvety texture.
- Top your donuts with the frosting and sprinkle the Oreo crumbs on top.
I hope you've enjoyed this quick peek at my personal preference of five favorite breakfast recipes! If any of these recipes appeal to you, they are only a glimpse of the 200 different recipes you can find in my cookbook, . The Vegan Cookbook: 200 Healthy & Delicious Recipes for The Beginner Vegan
More than just a cookbook, however, The Vegan Cookbook also contains a built in weight loss plan as well as 170+ testimonies of how eating a vegan diet has healed people of countless diseases and changed their lives. If you are a committed vegan, this book is a must-have.
© 2017 jaredbangerter