- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
I present to you an italian dish that was served to me while in Italy. I wasn't a celery or a rosemary fan before I tasted this stew. It is worth the time to cook and taste it.
- 1kg Tripe, cleaned and sliced
- 1kg Tomatoes
- 200g Celery, root or leaves
- 10 branches Rosemary
- Take the tripe and cut it to slices. Cleaning tripe is a hard and stinky business, I did it a few times, since then I buy the tripe cleaned. Use a shallow pot and put the tripe inside, cover it with water, cover the pot with a lid.
- Boiling the tripe takes a long time. Usually it will take about 1 hour. But to be sure, take a peace of tripe out, and try to cut it. The knife should cut through it without any resistance. Boiling could take less if the tripe is pre-boiled.
- Take the celery and slice it as fine as you can or use a blender to chop it. Fresh rosemary can be substituted with the dry leafs.
- Once the tripe is boiled, throw inside the chopped tomatoes, celery and rosemary.
- Let the stew come to a slow boil until the stew gets thicker. Add the salt and voila the stew is done
The great thing about it is that it can be served cold or hot and with polenta creates magic in the dish. Bon appetite.