TASTY Baked Rice Pie its YUMMY!!!
Are you tired of the same ole pies over and over again? Here’s what you can try another one of my mouth watering recipe.
BAKED RICE PIE
I medium size pack of rice , 1 pack of oregano flakes , 1 box / container of Philadelphian cream style cheese , 1/2 plb of cheddar cheese , I pack of almond nuts flakes, I pack of cranberries, 1 tin of cream style corn , 2 sweet peppers, all purpose seasoning, black pepper, salt, ketchup , milk, eggs , golden ray (red butter) and blue band.
- Clean and Wash 4 – 6 cups of rice or the amount desire depending on the size of your family or guest etc.
- After rice has been washed, place in boiling water add some salt and stir, leave to boil to a semi – soft texture then strain in a rice drainer.
- While the rice is draining off , mix a cup of milk and add four large eggs into a large cup beat the eggs and then add the mixed milk, black pepper, all purpose seasoning, ketchup, slight ginger powder and stir well.
- Grate the cheddar cheese on the small side of the grater and place in a plate.
- After rice has been fully drained , put a pot on the stove on low heat and add golden ray (red butter) and blue band when the butter has been melted, then add some of the rice, cheddar cheese, milk and egg mixture stir thoroughly keep repeating this method while adding the cream style cheese, cream style corn, cranberry, oregano flakes, and sliced almond nuts .
- Taste and make sure there is enough salt, black pepper and all purpose seasoning to ensure it comes out tasty.
- After it has been thoroughly stirred and tasting good turn off fire under the pot.
- Grease Pyrex dish and add pie into the dish evenly, then sprinkle oregano flakes and cheese to the top of the pie add some cranberries.
- Light oven and leave on 200° – 220° Fahrenheit then place pie into over and leave to bake until golden brown or desired colour.
After pie has been finished cut and serve with stew chicken/pork/beef and peas. I hope you try this soon I know you will ENJOY IT !!!!
Written by: Joanna Chandler
Copyright © 2013