Tuna with a Chille Crust
Another very quick nutritional light summer meal, served with a leafy salad and a glass of cool rose or a light white wine brings summer to your table!
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander or flat leaf parsley
- 3-4 dried red chilles,, crushed
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 egg white
- 4 Tuna steaks, about 5-6 oz each
- 2-3 tbsp sunflower oil
- salt and pepper
- lime wedges, to garnish
- Chop the coriander,leaving a few leaves whole to garnish. Mix the crushed chilles, chopped coriander and sesame seeds together in a shallow dish and season to taste with salt and pepper. Lightly beat the egg white with a fork in a separate shallow dish.
- Dip the tuna steaks first in the egg white, then in the chilli and herb mixture to coat. Gently pat the crust evenly over the fish with the palm of your hand, making sure that both sides are well covered.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy frying pan. Add the tuna and cook over a medium heat for 4 minutes, then turn over carefully, using a fish slice. Cook for a further four minutes, then transfer to warmed serving plates. Garnish with the lime wedges and the rest of the coriander leaves. Serve immediately.