- 1 box sour cream chocolate cake mix
- 1 14-ounce package caramels
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup coconut, shredded
- 1 cup chocolate bits
- Pour half the cake batter into a greased and floured 9-by-13-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
- Melt the caramels in a saucepan with evaporated milk
- Pour caramel mixture over baked cake layer (you don't need to let the cake cool)
- Sprinkle with chocolate, pecans and coconut.
- Pour remaining batter over cake
- Bake 25 minutes more
- Dust finished cake with powdered sugar