Easy PA Dutch Melt in Mouth Cinnamon Bread Recipe
PA Dutch Cinnamon Bread Recipes
The Pennsylvania Dutch are known to be wonderful bakers. If you ever visit Lancaster PA be sure to purchase some home made baked goods.
This cinnamon bread is very old family recipe. It is easy to make and sure to be a hit with everyone.
PA Dutch Cinnamon Bread
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 tbs Vinegar
- 4 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 2/3 cup sugar & 2 tsp cinnamon Mixed together in bowl, Set aside, this is cinnamon sugar mix
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cream butter, 2 cups sugar, and eggs
- Add milk, vinegar, flour, and baking soda
- Put 1/4 of the batter in one greased loaf pan
- Put 1/4 of the batter in a second greased loaf pan
- Sprinkle 1/4 of cinnamon sugar mix over first loaf pan
- Sprinkle 1/4 of cinnamon sugar mix over second loaf pan
- Put 1/4 of batter in first loaf pan then remaining batter in second loaf pan
- Sprinkle 1/4 cinnamon sugar mix over first loaf pan and remaining cinnamon sugar mix over second loaf pan
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until toothpick tests come back clean.
- Cool in loaf pans for 20 minutes before removing.
© 2013 HeatherH104