- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Ultimate Fried Tomato Recipe
Rate this recipe if you liked it
Things to keep in mind
Tomatoes are quick source of many essential vitamins and naturally low in sodium, calories and cholesterol. High water content makes them filling food. Its a power full punch of food but if you have heartburn or acid reflux then you need to take care because they can cause discomfort or dietary complications.
Green Fried Tomato
- 2 Large or 3 Medium Green Tomato
- Just a Pinch Chilli Powder
- Just a Pinch Garlic Powder
- According to taste Salt
- 4 tbsp Bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp level Plain Flour
- 1 Egg(Optional)
- For deep fry Oil
- Cut the tomatoes in thick round slices and press them with rolling pin.
- Mix bread crumbs, plain flour, salt, chilli and garlic powder.
- Beat the egg and dip tomatoes in egg and then roll them into bread crumb mixture.
- Heat pan on medium high heat and add those tomatoes in hot oil.
- Fry till golden brown, serve hot with chilli sauce.
- Please do not take red tomatoes, green are best otherwise try yellow or orange as red will become mushy.