Valentine's Day Heart Shaped Cake Recipe
When it comes to making a heart-shaped cake, you could opt to buy a heart shaped pan, or you could work with what you have to make your own heart shaped caked!
What You'll Need:
- Your favorite cake mix
- Icing and cake decorations
- Square pan (or cut a rectangle cake into a square)
- Circle pan the same size as the square (ie 8" square pan needs a 8" circle pan)
- (optional) pencil and scrap paper
Start by preparing your cake mix; pour equal parts in the square pan and half in the circle pan.
Bake the cakes and let them cool.
Take this time to sketch a quick design of how you want your cake to look after it's been decorated.
Once the cakes are cool, split the circle cake in half.
Position square cave on a platter and use the circle halves to create a heart shape by placing them on two side of the square cake. Make sure they're nice and snug.
Frost, decorate, and enjoy!
- Make a layered cake by baking multiple circles and squares.
- Make a heart shaped rainbow cake.
- Use fun sprinkles to decorate like , heart shaped sprinkles, pearl sprinkles, and/or sugar flowers. edible glitter
- Pipe loving messages.
- Use fondant to ice your cake. (See Personal Heart Cake tutorial below.)
- Top with chocolate and strawberries.
- Make personal sized cakes by baking a rectangle sheet cake and using a heart shaped cookie cutter to make layers. (See Fondant Heart tutorial below.)
- Cut out an asymmetrical heart from a rectangle cake for an edgier look. (Idea similar to the Alternative Heart Cake tutorial below.)
More Heart Shaped Desserts
So now you know how to make heart cakes. Check out these tutorials to learn how to make more delicious heart shaped recipes, including alternative ways to make heart cakes!
Alternative Heart Shape Cake
Personal Heart Cake
Hidden Heart Cupcakes
Cupcakes with Cut-out Heart Centers
Heart-shaped Cake Pops
For more heart-shaped goodies and lovely treats check out my Amor Pinterest board.
Please feel free to share your recipes, tutorials, reviews, and results after trying out these tutorials.