Vanilla Sugar - Sweet With A Twist
Sugar With A Twist
Now that you have made your delicious homemade Vanilla Extract, it is time to take those leftovers and give your table sugar a kick. No more expensive flavor enhancers for your morning coffee needed. If a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down - this vanilla sugar will make you wish you were sick.
- 1-5 whole or pieced Dried Vanilla Beans
- 1-5 cups White Granulated Sugar
- Take 1-5 whole or Split dried Vanilla Beans. If you are using Vanilla Beans from homemade Vanilla Extract, make sure the husks and caviar are fully dried.
- Slice Dried Vanilla Beans into 1/2 - 1 inch pieces.
- Put cut Vanilla Beans into a coffee grinder or food processor. For each whole bean placed into the grinder, add 1 cup white granulated sugar.
- Pulse or grind the Vanilla Beans and Granulated Sugar together for 1-2 minutes.
- Place Vanilla Sugar into an airtight resealable container. Leaving any remaining pieces of Vanilla Bean will add additional flavoring to your Vanilla Sugar.