Vanilla Sugar - Sweet With A Twist
Sugar With A Twist
Now that you have made your delicious homemade Vanilla Extract, it is time to take those leftovers and give your table sugar a kick. No more expensive flavor enhancers for your morning coffee needed. If a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down - this vanilla sugar will make you wish you were sick.
- 1-5 whole or pieced Dried Vanilla Beans
- 1-5 cups White Granulated Sugar
- Take 1 whole or Split dried Vanilla Bean per cup of sugar. If you are using Vanilla Beans from homemade Vanilla Extract, make sure the bean husks and vanilla caviar are fully dried.
- Slice Dried Vanilla Beans into 1/2 - 1 inch pieces.
- Place cut Vanilla Beans into a coffee grinder or food processor with the sugar.
- Pulse or grind the Vanilla Beans and Granulated Sugar together for 1-2 minutes. Take care to not grind it into confectioners (powdered) sugar.
- Place Vanilla Sugar into an airtight resealable container. Leave any remaining pieces of unincorporated Vanilla Bean to add additional flavor to your Vanilla Sugar and give it a pleasing visual effect. Vanilla Sugar can remain usable for around two years when kept in cool, dry, airtight conditions.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
© 2012 Teresa Gabbiani