Vegan Cupcakes & Frosting
I always enjoy trying new recipes. I decided I would try out this vegan cupcake recipe! They turned out really great. I was inspired to try and find a great vegan cupcake recipe after watching an all vegan bakery team on Cupcake Wars. My old classmate from high school also moved to California and started her own vegan bakery in Los Angeles.
Now lets get to the recipe: Now it will take about 10 minutes to prep, 15 to cook, and will be ready in about 25 minutes.
What you need:
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups almond milk or soy milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar or sugar in the raw
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup coconut oil or sunflower oil, warmed until liquid
1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Now you need to preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grab some pretty cupcake liners and line 18 cups.
- Measure out your apple cider vinegar and place in a 2 cup measuring cup. Fill with almond milk to make 1 1/2 cups. Now let this stand until has curdled! This will take around 5 minutes.
- Next in a large bowl, you need to whisk together your dry ingredients the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together your almond milk mix (apple cider vinegar and almond milk), coconut oil and vanilla.
- Now it is time to pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients.
- You only need to stir this until it is just blended.
- After that you can grab an ice-cream scoop (thats what I use) and fill the paper liners about halfway.
Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly pressed. This should take you about 15 to 20 minutes. Cool enough to touch and then cool further on a wire rack. Then frost.
Now lets get to the recipe I found for Vegan Frosting:
1/4 cup non-hydrogenated margarine (softened)
1/4 cup vegan cream cheese , softened (Tofutti is good)
2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon of your vanilla extract
- First you need to cream together your margarine and cream cheese until just blended.
- Next use your mixer to whip while adding the confectioners' sugar in 1/2 cup batches. Mix until smooth and creamy, then add in your vanilla.
- Keep tightly covered and refrigerate until you decide to frost.
- Add your own vegan friendly coloring if you choose.
There you have it some vegan friendly recipes for you to try. Even some of my non-vegan friends enjoyed these cupcakes so I hope you will all love them too. Be creative and experiment with different cupcake flavors too! Enjoy!