Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo Sauce Recipe
Kid Safe and Delicious
Going Vegan was the most difficult for my daughter because she doesn't like vegetables and she really loved the Olive Garden's Fettuccine Alfredo. I tried all sorts of recipes trying to make alfredo sauce that kids would eat. Forget all that mushroom stuff, picky kids of vegans will just eat the noodles if you try that fancy stuff.
This recipe is kid friendly, super fast to prepare and everyone loves it. The best part is that you can get all of these ingredients in the grocery store so if you are one of those vegetarians trying to survive without a health food store or you are on a budget this meal seems pretty fancy without being too expensive or complicated.
The only downside is that it is cold so it won't keep well and you can't heat it later. The good news is that the chick'n and cold alfredo sauce is a good and healthy next day mom snack.
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Container Silken Tofu
- 1/3- 1/2 Cup Rice or Soy Milk
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 TBSP Margarine
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tsp Basil
- 1 Box Fettucini Noodles
- 1 Head Broccoli, (Optional)
- 1 Package Gardein Chick'n Scallopini
Instructions for Sauce
- Heat margarin and garlic, sauté until golden. If you're fancy and have nothing but time on your hands. When I am in a hurry which is generally all the time, I use a jar of minced garlic (1 tsp= 1 clove) and heat the margarine and garlic in the microwave because it's so much more classy that way!
- Combine tofu and soy milk in a food processor. I call my food processor a blender! Blend until smooth. I add about 1/3 cup of milk, but that is because I like the sauce thick. If you like it a bit thinner or you want to stretch this meal between more people because you are poor then add the full 1/2 cup!
- Let that cold stuff sit in the blender and get warmer while you prepare the noodles, steam the broccoli and cook the Chick'n.
- Add the garlic and butter concoction to the blender ingredients and season to taste with the basil, salt and pepper, plus whatever other ingredients and spices and things you like. Blend until smooth.
- When the pasta is prepared pour the sauce from the blender onto the pasta. You can stop there for the kids and save the chick'n or broccoli all for yourself if you want!
- Gardein Chick'n Scallopini
gardein™ (garden + protein) is a line of delicious plant-based foods slow cooked to have the authentic taste and texture of premium lean meat. Made from a savory blend of vegetables, grains and plant-based proteins including pea, wheat and soy.
- MORI-NU Silken Soft Tofu
This is the tofu I use and recommend for this recipe.