- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Vegetable Hakka noodles recipe - Chinese noodles recipe
Bamboo chopstick gift set
Vegetable Hakka noodles recipe
Hakka noodles recipe
Hakka noodles for me is like must have meal once in a week. I just simply love this chow Mein recipe as it includes many colourful vegetables, which are good for kids too and my kids loves Hakka noodles. It is easy and quick to make as well. Hakka noodles are indo Chinese recipe in which we use stir fried vegetables. You can use as many vegetables as you want to make this dish healthier.
Cook Time for Hakka noodles
- 250 gms Chow Mein Noodles
- 1 cup cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 stalk Spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen beans
- 1 cup multi coloured capsicum/peppers, cut into lengthwise strips
- 1 medium sized carrot, cut into lengthwise strips
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Medium Onion, sliced
- 1 Green chillies, finely chopped(optional)
- 1-2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- White pepper powder, to taste
- one tablespoons Oil
Hakka Noodles Step by Step
- Place the noodles in a saucepan of boiling water and simmer for 4-5 minutes until soft (or as per the instructions) add salt and oil to the water.
- When cooked, drain the noodles and toss it with cold water (tossing with cold water will help noodles not to stick with each other). Drain it well and cool set aside.
- Keep all the vegetables ready by cutting lengthwise into strips.
- In a wok heat about 1 tsp of oil. Add the garlic, green chili, spring onion greens, peppers, cabbage, carrots and beans. Toss on high flame for about two minutes.
- Add the boiled noodles, soy sauce, vinegar, salt, white pepper powder and ketchup. Stir and toss continuously and sauté for another minute.
- Serve hot and garnish with spring onions green.