- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Meat cooked in a variety of spices
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 medium sized onions
- 6 green chilli
- 1 and a half spoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 and a half spoon plain yogurt
- 1/2 slice lemon
- whole garam masala(green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon sticks, mace strands)
- 300 grams chicken
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 4 spoons canola oil
- Take an empty vessel. Add 4 tablespoons of canola oil.
- Add whole garam masala (mace, cinnamon sticks, cloves, green cardamom).
- After about 2 minutes, the spices give out a nice aroma. This is when you know that the spices are done.
- Add ginger garlic paste. Stir continuously for about 2 minutes( to avoid contents from sticking to the bottom of the vessel).
- After about 2 minutes add sliced onions. Add salt. Mix these contents well and wait till the onions turn slightly transparent.
- Add the green chillis. Wait till the onions turn slightly golden brown.
- Add yogurt. Stir well for about a minute and a half. Add a tea spoon of coriander
- Add chicken. Squeeze in half a slice of lemon. Cover the vessel. Let it cook for about 8 minutes.
- Add water. Cover the vessel. Cook for about 15 minutes. Do not open the lid in between.
- Add soaked basmati rice into the vessel. Cover the container and let it cook for about 15 minutes.
Cover the container with a lid. Stir occasionally.
Add the chicken pieces. Squeeze in a slice of lime.
Cover the vessel. Let it cook for about 15 minutes.
Add the basmati rice.
© 2015 serenity