- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Venison can take the place of red meat in most recipes
Trying to come up with new exciting ways to prepare venison so, the whole family can enjoy sometimes can be a task. My family loves these venison kabobs, just the right combination of fruit and veggies so everyone is happy. You can vary what goes on the skewers to individual taste, one child doesn't like onion, another hates green peppers, this recipe allows you to make everyone happy.
This recipe is fairly simple and doesn't take a lot of time, the biggest prep is cutting up meat, fruit, and veggies. It also keeps cleanup and dish washing to a minimum, no pot or pans, just a knife, cutting board and your grill utensils, maybe that is why my family loves it so much.
- Prep time: 20 min
- Cook time: 20 min
- Ready in: 40 min
- Yields: Makes 6 skewers which normally feeds 4 people
- 11/2-2 lbs Venison back strap or tenderloin, cut into 1"-2" cubes
- 1 large Sweet Onion, cut into 2" slices
- 2 large Sweet Red Pepper, cut into 2" slices
- 2 large Green Pepper, cut into 2" slices
- 1 large can Pineapple chunks or slices, (fresh pineapple cut into chunks works great)
- 1 10 oz.jar Maraschino Cherries
- 1/2 bottle House Italian Dressing
- 1 pkg. Bamboo Skewers
Here's what you'll need
Venison Kabobs made easy
- You usually start by placing 11/2-2 lbs of venison back strap, in a large storage bag or bowl overnight, while marinating it in the House Italian dressing
- Prep the fruit and veggies by cutting them into 2-3"slices, then set them aside.
- Wash the excess Italian dressing from the meat then begin by slicing the venison back strap or tenderloin into 2-3" cubes, and set them aside.
- With the skewers, begin adding the slices as you see fit. I like to have pineapple and onion next to the meat for extra flavor. Continue layering slices and top each with a cherry(kids love that part).
- Once all the skewers have been put together spray each with some cooking oil. Prep the grill by spraying a light coating of cooking oil and turn it on to med heat. Cook time is approx. 20 minutes, turning about every 5 minutes or so. Cook until the meat is done, the fruit and veggies are trying to fall off the skewer.
This was my first hub using the recipe capsules so, hopefully I made it short and simple enough. I didn't know the nutrition or calories of this recipe only that it's low fat and calories. Hope you enjoy this recipe, it's always been one of our favorites.