- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Watercress Soup Recipe
Cream of Watercress Soup
Watercress soup is an excellent starter. If you are having a dinner party or are planning a romantic meal then this cream of watercress soup will be an elegant starter. The watercress is a peppery plant and is perfect for a refreshing and tasty soup.
This Watercress soup recipe is very easy to make and is also very cheap to make as well. This Cream of watercress soup was pass down to me by my Grandmother and was passed down to her by her Mother.
Let us begin by listing the ingredients.
Cream of Watercress Soup Ingredients:
- 5oz Watercress
- 2oz Butter
- 3oz Onions, finely diced
- 1 1/2 Pint Milk
- 2tbsp Flour
- 2 Chicken Stock Cubes
- 2tbsp Double Cream
- Begin by making sure the has been washed then chop the watercress watercress
- In a saucepan melt the butter over a medium heat. Add the watercress and onions and cook until the onions become tender
- In a seperate saucepan bring the milk to a boil then reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 2 minutes
- Add the flour and stock cubes to the milk and stir until blended then add this mixture to the onions and watercress
- Allow the soup to simmer over a medium heat for around 20 minutes
- Remove from the heat and let the soup cool. Once cool pour the soup into a blender and blend until the soup becomes smooth
- Reheat the soup and serve
- Drizzle a small amount of cream onto each serving of soup
I hope you enjoy this wonderful recipe