- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Pasta Recipes
What Are The Best Pasta Dishes
To me pasta is the second greatest invention right after the wheel. Pasta can be cooked so many ways and there are thousands of delicious pasta dishes you can cook and enjoy. In case you don't know pasta comes in all different colors shapes and sizes and in filled pastas like ravioli and tortellini.
You can take a sauce , a pasta , and a meat and make a delicious pasta dish you and your family and friends are sure to enjoy and you don't have to use meat. Pasta with various types of cheese and sauces is delicious also.
Pasta that is made with out eggs can be kept for up to two years and pasta made with eggs can be kept in the refrigerator for a week or so. Most pasta is cooked by boiling.
Some Pasta Tricks
1. There is really no reason to pre-cook lasagna noodles. You just want to be sure that you work with a pan that is at least four inches deep and when you build your lasagna dish you want to be sure that your tin foil is tightly sealed around the top of the pan. Just cook your lasagna as you normally would and when you take it out of the oven your lasagna noodles will be cooked as well.
2. You can pre-cook your pasta especially if your going to be serving a large family or a dinner party. Just pre-cook your pasta until near done and heat up your home deep fryer only instead of filling it with oil fill it with water and set it on high. As you need a serving of pasta heat each individual serving in the deep fryer.
3. When you cook your pasta be sure there is plenty of room in the pot for the pasta to cook. Resist the urge to overcrowd your pasta. If you need a large amount of one type of pasta cook two batches instead of one to keep from over crowding your pasta pot.
4. When your cooking pasta use one teaspoon of ground sea salt per quart of water. And I would use ground sea salt as it is better for you than regular salt.
5. Always have your water boiling fast and the water salted before you add your pasta. Pasta will not clump up if the water is at a fast boil.
6. Despite what you hear never add olive oil to the pasta when its cooking as this will prevent the sauce from sticking to your pasta.
7. Be attentive when your cooking pasta. Stir your pasta but don't stir often. If you have your water boiling and the water salted you won't have the need to stir your pasta as often.
Do you have a pasta tip or trick? Please post it below in the comments section. Also if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Five Cheese Ziti Recipe
Ziti is one of my favorite pastas and here were going to be preparing a delightful dish called , " Five Cheese Ziti " And while the dish is a little involved it is well worth the effort to make Five Cheese Ziti.
For Your Ziti Topping You Will Need.
1. 4 Tablespoons Romano Cheese.
2. 4 Tablespoons Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese.
3. 4 Cups Fresh Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
4. 1 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs.
5. 1 Tablespoon Fresh Minced Garlic.
6. 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil.
7. 4 Tablespoons Fresh Chopped Parsley with stems removed.
Combine all the above ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
For Your Ziti Sauce You Will Need.
1. 4 Cups of Tomato Sauce.
2. 2 Cups of Alfredo Sauce.
3. 1 Cup Of Ricotta Cheese.
4. 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
5. 1/4 Cup Fontina Cheese.
Mix all of the above in a large bowl and set aside.
In a large pot with salted water cook 2 pounds Ziti pasta until almost done.
You will need a large baking dish to cook your five cheese zitii recipe in. Spray the large baking dish with vegetable cooking spray. Now pour 1/2 of your Ziti sauce in the bottom of the baking dish. Drain the Ziti pasta very well and add it to the baking dish.
Now pour the remainder of the Ziti Sauce on top of the Ziti pasta and then pour the Ziti topping over the top of the dish.
Place on the center rack of your oven and cook at 350 degrees until the top of the dish is slightly brown and the cheese is bubbling. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before you serve with a tossed salad and garlic bread. This is one of my favorite all time pasta dishes.
Hot Italian Sausage and Tomato Pasta Recipe
Here is another of my favorite pasta dishes. I like to use hot Italian Sausage when I make this dish. I just simply love to make this when I have fresh cherry tomatoes ready in the garden. The flavors are some of the best in the world.
You will need for this pasta dish.
1. One Pound Dry Fettuccine Pasta.
2. Four Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
3. One Large Purple Sweet Onion Sliced Very Thin.
4. One Tablespoon Fresh Minced Garlic.
5. One Pound Hot Italian Sausage With The Casings Removed.
6. One Pint Yellow Or Red Cherry Tomatoes.
7. Two Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar.
8. One Teaspoon Ground Sea Salt.
9. One Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper.
10. One Cup Fresh Basil Leaves Torn Into Small Pieces.
11. One Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese.
You will want to cook the fettuccine by package directions and drain and set aside.
Now add the oil to the skillet and add your onion and garlic and cook until your onion is done but not brown. Now add in your tomatoes and cook until the skins are bursting. Add in your sausage and cook until done being sure to crumble your sausage up well with a large spoon.
Add in the basil and the Parmesan cheese and toss everything in a large bowl to be sure all the ingredients are well mixed. Serve with a tossed salad and garlic bread for a delicious tasty pasta dish.
Broccoli Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
This great pasta dish has three of my favorites , spaghetti , broccoli , and grilled chicken. Lets talk just a minute about chicken. This dish originally called for grilled chicken breast but I changed it to grilled chicken thighs. I take the skin off the chicken thighs and I remove the bone and then I beat the chicken thighs flat with a meat hammer made for that purpose. Then I grill my chicken thighs and proceed with my delicious pasta dish.
For Your Broccoli Chicken Spaghetti you will need.
1. One Pound Of Spaghetti Noodles cooked and set aside.
2. One Pound Cooked Broccoli.
3. One Fourth Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
4. One Tablespoon Fresh Minced Garlic.
5. One Teaspoon Ground Sea Salt.
6. Two Cups Shredded Grilled Chicken.
7. One Teaspoon Black Pepper.
8. One Teaspoon Ground Oregano.
9. One Teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper.
You will want to mix all your ingredients together well in a large bowl. And again this pasta dish is delicious and it makes a great pasta meal when you add a garden salad and garlic bread.
What did you think about those three great pasta dishes? Did you try them? What is your favorite pasta dish? Post your comments , tips , suggestions and questions below now. And thanks for reading my hub page.