- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
White Chocolate Fudge Frosting for Cake Toppings
This cake frosting is simple and easy to make. It can cover around 12 cup cakes or 1, 20 cm sponge cake.
it is very sweet, so if you have an already very sweet sponge I would suggest a different topping. It is versatile and can be used for almost anything. Once made and put on to cover it sets hard so any decorations to be added must be placed while still slightly runny.
This can be styled to make stylish decoration on your home baking.
- 100 grams Good Quality White Chocolate, Chopped
- 1 heaped tablespoon Golden Syrup
- 50 grams Unsalted Butter
How to make
- Place all the ingredients into a heat proof bowl
- Place this bowl over a pan of steaming water, dont let the bottom of the bowl touch the water
- Melt the contents of the bowl gently over the heat, stirring frequently.
- As soon as the mixture is melted and smooth, remove the bowl from the steam
- Cool the mixture and keep stirring frequently, this will stop it from seperating out
- When the mixture has cooled to just before the setting point, it should appear very thick. Swirl the frosting onto the cup cakes or cake using a round edged knife
- Add any other decoration to the frosting and leave to set