Wild Mushroom Chicken Gumbo Recipe
Chicken Gumbo at its best
Chicken Gumbo Recipe
If you love gumbo recipes and would like a change of pace, this spicy wild mushroom chicken gumbo is for you. A spicy recipe with a woodsy wild mushroom blended with chicken gumbo.
Another great recipe for spicy soup lovers.
This is an easy recipe for gumbo that will not be forgotten.
Click here for Wild Mushroom Soup Recipe
Rate this recipe
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 ounces domestic mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces fresh shittake or oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 colves garlic, minced
- 3/4 pound boneless chicken breasts or thighs, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 4 whole scallions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cooked long grain white, basmati or WildPecan rice
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil. Add the domestic mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, garlic, and cook, stirring, for 7 minutes over medium hight heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes more. Add the broth, stewed tomatoes, scallions, oregano, paprika, thyme, black pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper and bring to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon the rice into shallow bowls and ladle the gumbo over the rice. Serve the rice into shallow bowls and ladle the gumbo over the rice. Serve with warm corn bread.
More delicious Recipies
- Smoked Ham with Apricot Glaze; Old Fashioned Recipe
old fashioned recipe of smoked ham with apricot glaze. cloves, apricot preserves, dark rum, dijon mustard.
- Jamaican Chicken Curry
jamaican chicken curry chicken rice scotch bonnet peppers caribbean ethnic. jamaican red stripe beer