Win Your Man's Heart with the Best Homemade Lasagna Ever
Best Home Made Lasagna
Winning Your Man's Heart Through Lasagna
My new boyfriend was coming over to visit and I wanted to impress him so I decided to learn how to cook lasagna. He took one bite and proposed to me. I laughed because I thought he was joking, but little did I know that lasagna was his very favorite food. In that moment, he had decided I was the one. So I'm sharing this recipe in the hopes that you too can woo your loved one successfully! I have refined this recipe over several years and now it has become a family tradition.
Yum Yum! Hot and Cheesy
- 1 box or 12 noodles lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 lb. Italian sausage links, mild
- 1 white or yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, add one more clove if you love garlic
- 1 1/2 jars or 24 oz 3 cheese or meat spaghetti sauce
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sharp chedder cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente according to the package's directions. Drain, lightly oil and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the sausage into small pieces and place in to a large frying pan. Saute the sausage, until no longer pink. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic and continue sauteing for another 4 minutes until the sausage is cooked through. Set aside into a large mixing bowl.
- Cook the ground beef in the frying pan. Add a pinch of garlic powder or some more minced garlic, the basil leaves, and black pepper to taste. Cook until brown. Drain the excess juice and add the beef to the sausage. Add the spaghetti sauce and mix.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the cheeses together except for 1 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Coat a 9x13 baking dish with olive oil and spread 1 cup of the sauce mixture on the bottom. Top with 3 lasagna noodles. Spread 1/4 of the ricotta cheese mixture on the noodles and layer on 1 cup of the sauce mixture.
- Repeat this process three more times starting with the noodles and finish the top with the remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with oregano. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- Leave a comment and let me know what you think of this recipe and also any tweaks that you made to it. :)
|Serving size: 1 slice|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|