- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Winter Wonderland Cake Pops
This is a fun take on eating cake. It's a great baking project for you to do with your kids, and fun to eat. This also makes a fantastic bake sale item. This recipe yields around 35 cake pops.
1 box of cake mix, your choice in flavour
1 can of icing, your choice in flavour
1 baking chocolate wafers or fondue chocolate
1 bag of Sprinkles
35 Lollipop sticks
1 large piece of styrophoam, clay/playdough, cardboard or anything you can put the lollipop sticks into to let cool standing upright
1. Bake your cake as instructed on the box.
2. When the cake is made, let it cool completely.
3. When cool, crumble all the cake as fine as you can into the bowl.
4. Use a spoon to mix in the whole can of icing.
5. Mix until it has the consistency of dough.
6. Now, you can start to roll into balls and place on a foil covered cookie sheet.
7. Melt chocolate in microwave or however instructed.
8. Dip each lollipop stick in the chocolate, and then insert in each ball. This will re-enforce the stick in the dough and hold both parts together well.
9. Do this for each ball.
10. Put in fridge and let cool for an hour.
11. Once it's cool, reheat your fondue chocolate.
12. Dip each ball into the chocolate and cover completely. Have another spoon at hand to scrape off some of the chocolate. You do this by spinning the stick with one hand, and holding the spoon to the cake pop with the other. It will even things out nicely.
13. Gently dip the top and sides of the ball while the chocolate is still warm into the sprinkles, and sprinkle the rest to the bottom.
14. Put the lollypop stick into the foam or clay, whatever you can find to let the chocolate set and cool.
This next step is optional if you are selling them.
1 roll of clear decorative plastic gift wrap
35 ribbons or twist ties
Now cut the plastic gift wrap into 5x5 inch squares and wrap your cake pop. Tie the ribbon or twist tie around the bottom and you're ready to sell!
If you want to forward this article to others I encourage it. Use the facebook, twitter or Google+1, link at the top of the page or click the share button at the bottom of the page for other social networks. Maybe someone you know will find this of interest as well.